Every Monday we meet at 6.15pm, Douglas Sports Centre for a 6.30 start.
We begin by going over the routes for the evening. Routes vary in length and we try to cater for all abilities. There is usually a short run around 3 miles, a medium distance run of between 4 and 5 miles and a longer run of around 6 miles.
Winter routes stick to well-lit streets in Broughty Ferry and Monifieth. In summer we try to get off the pavements a bit more and take in the more scenic routes in the area.
We warm up in the club room before heading out. The warm up is important to to prevent injury, especially on colder nights.
Summer Away Nights
During the summer months we have an ‘away’ night on the first Monday of the month. This involves meeting in different parts of Dundee and surrounding areas and enjoying scenic routes. These are always popular and have included Crombie Country Park, Tentsmuir, and Camperdown Park.
We regularly meet up for runs on other days, arranged informally on face book
- Wear something white, bright or fluorescent so you can be seen.
- Make sure you know where the run is going.
- Always run with a group of at least one other person.
- Be aware of the people behind you – run back to check they are ok – use the run back as speed training!
- Be sure to warm down after the run and don’t let yourself get too cold. You can always leave a coat or jumper in the club room to pull on afterwards.
- Always cross your name off the list when you get back so the road captain knows you are safe.
The club room is not locked so it is preferable not to leave valuables, but there are lockers elsewhere in the sports centre.